From time to time
The clouds give rest
To the moon-beholders.
March 21st is National Poetry Day and we’re celebrating with haikus. A haiku is a descriptive Japanese poem. They are usually about small, beautiful aspects of nature. Between the Grinds wants to help you write a haiku.
- Haikus must be 17 syllables long
- The first line must be 5 syllables
- The second line must be 7 syllables
- The third line must be 5 syllables
- Haikus do not have to rhyme
Can you haiku?
Write a haiku and share your results with us.
Check out Between the Grinds’ haiku
The coffee beans spill
In the grinder they shatter
Brewed, liquid heaven.